Saturday, April 15, 2006

Adrianna Lima is a virgin!(?)

My friends stole my hat one night in Telluride and kept it for about a month. They took pictures of the hat all over the country. That's my hat on a maintenance guy on Fremont Street in Las Vegas.


Okay, so the title of this post was only meant to get your attention. I really won't go into it, but according to Adrianna, by way of a recent GQ interview, that is true.

Moving along... the cat lady recently moved out of the house. She and the couch lady (I'll explain momentarily) were not getting along. It seems the combination of an obsessive-compulsive passive-aggressive psycho with a broken arm never leaving the living room and a compulsively dirty shut in doesn't work well in a small environment. Things did not end well, but lately I've managed to be anywhere but home, and luckily have missed most of the drama.

So, the couch lady... The owner of the house, about a month ago, fell down the steps and broke her arm - obviously a completely physically debilitating affliction. For her, broken arm = not able to leave the living room. She ate and slept and complained about everything for a month. She did not go to work. She did not shower. When I came home at night, she was sleeping in her chair. When I woke up to go to work, still sleeping in her chair. When I was fixing supper, still sleeping. She affectively banished me to my windowless basement bedroom for all of my time at home, which became less and less.

But last week things changed dramatically for the better. As the cat lady moved along, the couch lady returned to work (albeit on a modified schedule due to her being a whiner), and I was again able to watch sportscenter on Friday mornings.

In other news: The Rockies are good at baseball (hey, we're already through 10 games, only 153 'till the formality of receiving our first pennant becomes reality)

Mohammad Ali sold his name for $50 million. (see "People Lost Their Virginity to this Music" below.)

I have two job offers to work at wineries in France this fall, but may go to Spain to work construction instead(?).

It's raining,

and Marcus is in town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know that if you work construction you are contractually obligated to beat your spouse/significant other. Just a note for you to consider when contemplating your decision.